People who reside in Belgium as citizens of a current or future EU member state but who are not Belgian citizens can participate:
- To the European Parliament elections in Belgium and vote for candidates on Belgian lists;
- At the municipal election.
- Possess the nationality of an EU state or future EU state.
- Have your main residence in a Belgian municipality (be registered in the population register of the municipality of residence)
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be registered on the electoral roll (once you are on the roll, you are legally obliged to vote).
This right is a right to vote and not to stand for election, limited to communal elections.
- Uninterrupted residence in Belgium for 5 years;
- Complete the application form ;
- Undertake in writing to respect the Belgian Constitution and laws.